In the mood for food, {food & photography} interview

10/6/11

After so many weeks, i´m back with lovely interviews. this time, we have Diana. Do you know {In the mood for food} blog? is a wonderful place where Diana shares her homemade recipes, some daily life momemnts and her beautiful pictures.
I must confess this is one of my favorite interviews, because i find some pieces of me in these answers. i really like it!


Depois de algumas semanas, estou de volta com entrevistas. desta vez, temos por aqui a Diana. Conhecem o blog {In the mood for food} ? é um sítio super interessante onde a Diana partilha as suas receitas caseiras, alguns momentos do seu dia-a-dia e as suas maravilhosas fotografias.
Tenho que admitir que esta foi uma das minhas entrevistas preferidas, porque de alguma forma vi um pouco de mim nas respostas da Diana. Gostei mesmo muito!


When did your passion about photography & food start?


My passion about food started many years before my passion about photography. I remember that when I was 15 years old I didn’t leave home for school before seeing a BBC Prime culinary show called Ready, Steady, Cook, I collected recipes from magazines and could spend hours looking at cooking books as well as cooking. Photography came later, a few years after I created my blog, In the mood for food. In the beginning I just wanted the blog to look good, soon after it really became a passion and I even attended a workshop with two American food photographers in Boston and took a photography course at London Communication College.

Why the name ‘in the mood for food’?

Because that is truly the mood I’m always in!!! I love everything related to food, not just eating and cooking. Actually, one of the things I like the most is to read about food, for me it can be as pleasurable as cooking – but not as much as eating!!

What do you most love cooking?

When I was younger I loved baking cakes, pies, cookies and all sweet things. I still do, but now I think I prefer to cook healthy food. I love cooking with vegetables, pulses, grains and herbs.

What is your favorite dish?

Again, I tend to prefer dishes with vegetables. I love a fresh, crunchy salad, or sautéed vegetables with garlic and olive oil on top of a piece of grilled bread. However, I never say no to a chicken pie!

What inspires you when you want to cook something different?

I read the dining & wine section of the NY Times daily, which I think is a good way to keep up with what’s new in the “food world”. I also follow a lot of food, design and photography blogs that inspire me. Once in a while I like to have a look at old magazine recipes and books that I’ve collected over the past years. I find that each time I look at it I discover something different or have a different approach to it.

Have you ever thought about writing a cookbook?

I thought about it and after being encouraged by an editor I even started to write one, but in the process of doing it - thankfully it was in the beginning - I realized that it wasn’t something I wanted to do. I prefer the way magazine and blogs work, they are of the moment, exploring topics in a certain point of view and not exhaustively.

...and now the delicious recipe!
...e agora uma receita deliciosa!


 Obrigada Diana, foi muito bom ter-te por aqui!

all images: Diana Ferreira, all rights reserved.

2 comments

  1. voy a ver el blog porque las fotos son estupendas. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADOREI!!! Obrigada eu pela oportunidade :)
    Beijinho

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

Disclaimer

All photos in this blog are my original copyrighted photographs, unless otherwise noted and correctly linked. If you want to use them please email me before. Thank you.
© raspberry essence . Design by FCD.